Sunday, April 17, 2016

Upscale Resale and Thrift [Lockhart TX]


Only an idiot would drive three hours south from Dallas to Lockhart for barbecue but that is exactly what I did.  I scouted a number of locations for vinyl but none panned out - all were out of business.  Ironically, I included Upscale Resale in that list as I was driving out of town when I swerved dangerously to stop by what was obviously it's newest location!


They did not disappoint with no shortage of vinyl, much of which was mid 80s R&B - a strange subgenre never before seen in bulk of this level.  That did not interest me, but a couple oddballs did: an early Gord album, and a Bob James 9th (which falls beyond the current 8 album threshold I am enforcing).  The RTF record is certainly not something I need - I own their effective discography - but I left it up top for the next person who stops in to peruse in the hopes they might broaden their horizons to one of my all time favorite albums.





No comments:

Post a Comment